Work as an allied health professional supporting people with disability
Join Active Ability’s fun, friendly and enthusiastic team of exercise physiologists, dietitians and physiotherapists
Are you an allied health professional looking for deeply rewarding work within a dynamic, passionate and knowledgeable team?
At Active Ability, our mission is to support people with disability to achieve optimal health, independence, and quality of life. We specialise in working with people with intellectual disability, neurological conditions and mental illness.
As a private allied health company, we are dedicated to providing exceptional care to our clients throughout Sydney, Wollongong and the Sunshine Coast.
Due to ongoing growth and expansion, we’re always looking for enthusiastic, energetic exercise physiologists, dietitians and physiotherapists to join our welcoming team on an employee or contractor basis.
Why work with Active Ability?
Learn and grow
Access extensive knowledge and experience in disability from our experienced directors and team.
Have an impact
Satisfying and rewarding work that makes a real difference to the lives of people with disability.
Fantastic work/life balance
Including flexibility with start and finish times and autonomy to organise your days.
Develop your career
With opportunities for career growth and an annual salary review.
Active Ability pride ourselves on the quality of our interventions, our service and our relationships with the wider community.
If you’re a clinician committed to using evidence-based practice to support clients with disability to lead healthy, active lives, we’d love to hear from you.
About allied health professional roles with Active Ability
You will be responsible for delivering high quality, evidence-based dietetic, exercise physiology or physiotherapy services for Active Ability’s clients under the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme).
Your community-based role will include assessment, education and intervention. You would also be responsible for collaborating with our amazing team to create multidisciplinary care plans for Active Ability’s clients.
- Providing face to face and occasional telehealth support to clients in community settings.
- Providing discipline-specific (exercise physiology, dietetic or physiotherapy) advice to clients living with disability or chronic/complex conditions.
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating discipline-specific (exercise physiology, dietetic or physiotherapy) services for Active Ability’s clients.
- Providing appropriately targeted education for clients, carers and staff as required.
- Ensuring appropriate written and verbal communication with key stakeholders as required, including timely reports and treatment plans.
- Communicating and working efficiently and collaboratively with the team to ensure best practice and integrated client care.
Volunteer opportunities with Active Ability
We know how difficult it is to stand out from the crowd when applying for your dream job!
If you’re on your way to becoming an exercise physiologist, dietitian or physiotherapist and would like to know more about what we do here at Active Ability, we’d be happy to chat to you about the possibility of volunteer work.
If this interests you, please get in contact with us!