Experts in Mobile Disability Therapy
Exercise Physiology | Physiotherapy | Dietetics
We provide therapy in the comfort and convenience of your own preferred environment
No wait lists
Get the therapy you need, when you need it
No travel charges
Giving you the best value for money from your NDIS plan
Our experienced, skilled and friendly therapists are dedicated to working with people with disability
Active Ability’s mission is to support people with disability to achieve optimal independence, health and quality of life.
Our experience and knowledge meet a personalised, caring approach to your therapy needs, to help you get the most from your NDIS plan.
As registered NDIS providers, we offer mobile therapy services throughout Sydney, Wollongong and the Sunshine Coast.
Active Ability are committed to providing the highest standards of care
Our highly qualified, expert and caring team will consider what you want to achieve from NDIS therapeutic supports. Then we’ll help you accomplish your therapy goals by providing you with a tailored treatment plan.
We use a best practice, evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to help our clients achieve their goals related to improved daily living and improved health and wellbeing.
Active Ability specialise in supporting people with
Including autism spectrum disorder, developmental delay, Prader-Willi Syndrome and other congenital syndromes
Including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, eating disorders and psychotic illnesses
Read about people we’ve helped achieve greater health and independence
The Active Ability advantage
For people with disability and their families
- Caring, knowledgeable staff who are skilled in working with people with disability and complex needs.
- We provide therapy in the meaningful context of your preferred environment, rather than a clinic. This could be your home, or most convenient local facility.
- No waiting lists, so you can get started on therapy as soon as you need it.
- No travel charges, so your funding is used on what’s most important – achieving better health, function and quality of life.
- An energetic team culture that fosters creative thinking – to help you achieve improved daily living and participate in what matters to you.
- A person-centred and holistic approach to your therapy needs and goals.
- Convenience, ease and value of home visits – save time, energy and money.
For support coordinators and care providers
- Our highly skilled, knowledgeable and friendly team can take on any client, with any disability, in any location.
- An innovative approach that includes rapid implementation of research findings – providing confidence that your clients are receiving the best possible care.
- Responsiveness and timely turn arounds, with a friendly support team that can provide a service agreement within 48 hours.
- Highly efficient NDIS plan and participant care and management.
- No waiting lists, so we always have capacity for new clients.
- Excellent value for money because we don’t charge for travel.
- Exceptional report writing skills, guaranteed to address the NDIS reasonable and necessary criteria.
- Our expert staff are reliable, easy to work with and always accountable to participants, families and NDIS support coordinators.
- Our helpful team are always available to answer questions regarding tricky cases.
Getting to know Active Ability's practice manager, Bianca Semaan We wanted to give you the opportunity to get to know Active Ability's energetic, cheerful and very funny practice manager Bianca Semaan, so we've asked her a couple of questions. Why did you begin...
Exercise for Muscular DystrophyWhat is Muscular Dystrophy? Muscular Dystrophy (MD) is a chronic disability that prevents the production of dystrophin in the body; a protein essential for the building and repairing of muscles. It has been reported that, for people with...
Nutrition and mental health: The importance of diet in depression Over recent years, research has been uncovering the link between nutrition and mental health. One area of focus has been the importance of diet in depression. For people already living with a disability...
Active Ability’s directors Amanda Semaan and Kara Foscholo have Masters level qualifications and combined experience of more than 18 years. This means they lead their team with an outstanding breadth of knowledge and experience.
Since 2014, Active Ability have been offering people with disability access to high quality and expert allied health services to help them achieve their health, wellbeing and functional goals.
Their team of over 30 highly skilled and passionate clinicians are ready to support you or your participants.